New Site - Why am I doing this?
I realized that I automate or script something that I do at least 4 or 5 times a week. I run into mundane or repetive tasks all that time and I think I am allergic to repetitive tasks. I get a bad case of the sleepies.
It is time to write a script as soon as you find yourself doing something 2 or 3 times in a row. We will spend a lot of time looking into this.
Needless to say, there are better things to do in life than to:
- copy and paste something into every line of a file
- manually Download every image in a file
- repeatedly refresh a webpage watching for something to change (think prices)
- cut a huge CSV file (think gigabytes) into smaller pieces so that Excel can actually load it
- make changes to a site that has an API
I will share tips and tricks, lessons, occasional videos, and lots and lots of code snippets.
Now, get scripting!